The evening session of the fourth day of the convention featured Pastor Tayo Ezekiel speaking on the topic of “Serving God Acceptably.” The sermon was based on Hebrews 12:28-29 and explored the connection between serving God acceptably and experiencing divine overflow
Here are the key points discussed in the sermon:
- God is the source of overflow, and acceptable service is a channel for overflow. Job 22:21 emphasizes the importance of connecting with God and serving Him acceptably to experience His abundance.
- The overflow is not an award but a reward. Hebrews 11:6 highlights the importance of faith in pleasing God and receiving His rewards, including overflow in various areas of life.
- The overflow is not achieved by wishful thinking but through work. It requires active participation and dedication to serving God and His kingdom.
- The kingdom of God is built on servants, not masters. True greatness in the kingdom comes from serving others selflessly.
- Every redeemed individual has the potential to be the joy of the world, but it is through service that this potential is transformed into performance.
The sermon also addressed the meaning of God accepting our service and the benefits that come with it:
- Acceptable service leads to an improved life.
- It allows us to make a lasting impact on the earth, as mentioned in Isaiah 60:15.
- Acceptable service brings pleasure and prosperity into our lives, as seen in Luke 3:21-22 and Job 36:11.
- It releases us from captivity and bondage, as stated in Isaiah 54:14.
To effectively serve God, three tools were highlighted:
- Time: Allocating time to serve God and His purposes.
- Talent: Using our unique abilities and gifts to serve others and advance the kingdom.
- Treasure: Being willing to give financially and support the work of God.
The sermon also discussed the fruits of kingdom service, which are often referred to as the “10 P’s of Kingdom Service”:
- Power for dominion
- Long life
Lastly, the sermon outlined the conditions for acceptable service, emphasizing the importance of serving with the right heart and attitude:
- Service must be done wholeheartedly, not merely for appearances.
- It should be done with love, expressing genuine care and concern for others.
- Service should be done promptly, without delay or procrastination.
- It should be done joyfully, with a spirit of gladness and gratitude.
- Service should be done willingly, without reluctance or compulsion.
- It should be done obediently, in alignment with God’s commands and guidance.
- Service should be done humbly, recognizing that it is a privilege to serve God and others.
- It should be done faithfully, with consistency and commitment.
By adhering to these conditions and principles of acceptable service, believers can experience the blessings and overflow that come from serving God wholeheartedly.